Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Danish Exchange 2013: Applications Available




Drill Rig 14 by jcurtis4082
Drill Rig 14, a photo by jcurtis4082 on Flickr.
Applications are available for you to complete on the "X" drive in the "WQ2013" file. Complete instructions are there. 2 students from welding and 2 students from diesel will be chosen to go.

I will have more information available as it comes in...

Here are the important dates:

April 26th (12:00 pm) – Application deadline
May 2nd – Committee meets to make selections
May 3rd – Students notified
May 17th – Dinner w/ Scan Design Foundation & Danes (tent.)
August 16-31 – Danish Exchange travel dates

I took this video of what was once the largest diesel engine in the world on my second trip to Denmark with students.

3 comments:

  1. I highly recommend this trip to anyone who is considering it already, and even those of you who haven't considered it. I went in 2006 and had a really fun time! I toured lots of interesting factories and museums, and went to an amusement park. I think my favorite tour was on the worlds largest oil drilling platform, the "Maersk Giant". The two weeks flies by but every experience will be a good memory and its a great opportunity to make some lasting friendships and connections in another part of the world. Just be careful of aquavit and Jeff Curtis on the autobahn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im on this like dripping oil on a jimmy...what an amazing oppurtunity for exchanges in tech and the future of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 2012 I was furtunate to be given the opportunity to travel to Denmark.I had a great time I would recommend going there to anyone I know.While thier,I learned alot about the Danish culture.The food was dilicous and they are very welcoming people.I would visit Denmark again anytime if I could.I made lots of friends and memories.Thanks to Scan Desighn and Jeff and everyone else involved who made it possible for us and future students to be able to experience Denmark.I rated the trip five star.

    ReplyDelete